Monday, September 30, 2013

Night Time Gardening



The days are getting shorter, the weather getting gloomy and the landscape getting spookier. I love this time of the year, but I honestly don't love too much working in the garden outside when it gets colder and rainier. So I leave that work to Mr. O, while I take care of the green house. It's definitely warmer, cozier and it's a more controllable environment. This is the first year I try getting some winter crops going so we can have food here all year round. We'll be having different kinds of squash, kale, swiss chard, brussels sprouts to mention some. We love food around here. Exiting!!!


 This is the green house from the outside. You can probably catch the view of our dog Radar, or at least his ears. He loves joining us while we garden, and any time really.


We clear out the beds


 It looks like a mess! Tomatoes were here last. We'll try to keep it more diverse next time.


All clean. Next thing will be to plant the starts I helped grow from seed before our little Matia Zucchini came along. What's your favorite thing to eat in the winter?
Happy Fall Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment